Pathways2Resilience launch event
Empowering regions for climate adaptation
23rd of November 2023 | 10:00 – 13:00 | EIT House, Brussels & online
On the 23rd of November 2023, in Brussels and online, we explored how regions successfully implemented the EU Mission and what transformative adaptation looked like in practice, encompassing new finance models, ecosystem engagement, and innovative policies.
Our keynote speaker, Elina Bardram, Mission Adaptation Manager and Director in the Directorate-General for Climate Action (DG CLIMA), shared how regions played a crucial role in shaping our continent’s resilience. Participants had the opportunity to meet and discuss with regional representatives from EU Mission Charter signatories and beyond, EU policymakers, national governments, and climate resilience experts.
Furthermore, Pathways2Resilience launched its first call for applicants during the event. This call aimed to select regions and communities eligible to receive funding and supporting services from the program, enabling them to develop transformative strategies and action plans for climate resilience.
- Luise Heidenreich, Co-Head Education and Learning, EIT Climate-KIC (event moderator)
- Elina Bardram, Director for Adaptation & Resilience, Communication and Civil Society Relations, DG CLIMA & Manager for the EU Mission on Adaptation to Climate Change, European Commission
Introduction to Pathways2Resilience and presentation of call for applications
- Fernando Diaz Lopez, Resilience and Regional Eco-innovation Orchestrator, EIT Climate-KIC & Pathways2Resilience project coordinator
- Thomas Koetz, Senior Advisor for Climate Neutral and Resilient Regions, EIT Climate-KIC
- Ricardo Da Silva, Programme Manager, EIT Climate-KIC
Panel discussion: “Transformative adaptation in practice: how are regions implementing the EU Mission?”
- Maaria Parry, Chief Specialist, Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment, North Ostrobothnia (Finland)
- Fernando Pulido, Professor, University of Extremadura (Spain)
- Tereza Fleková, Project Manager, Regional Development Department, South Moravian Region (Czech Republic)
- Moderator: Ryan Titley, Director of Projects, ERRIN
Overview of Pathways2Resilience’s services to support regions’ resilience journey
- Kit England, Senior Climate Adaptation Specialist, Paul Watkiss Associates
- Luca Arbau, Expert, Resilience and Climate Adaptation, ICLEI Europe
- Andrew Warren, Advisor on Climate Change Adaptation, Deltares
- Efrén Feliu, Climate Change Adaptation Manager, City Territory and Environment Area, Tecnalia
Director for Adaptation & Resilience, Communication and Civil Society Relations, DG CLIMA & Mission Manager for Adaptation to Climate Change